1) What is the role of the VHS Tennis Booster Club?
The booster club supports the VHS Tennis team (coaches and athletes). This website is managed by the booster club.
2) What is the purpose of booster club membership?
Parents of our athletes are encouraged to join the booster club. Booster club membership is completely optional and is considered a form of fundraising. Funds raised during the membership drive go toward team needs. Booster club membership allows access to the Members Only section of our website. There are different levels of booster club membership.
3) How do high school tennis matches differ from USTA matches?
The team may be limited in the number of entries per event. In the Fall, athletes compete as a team - 6 lines of singles, 3 lines of doubles and 1 mixed - Team to get to 10 points first wins the match. In the Spring, athletes compete as either singles, doubles or mixed and win in their respective competitions - no team component. Here are a few other differences:
- Athletes travel as a team to/from events.
- Parents do not make hotel and meal reservations for their athlete. The booster club will work with the coaches to handle this.
- Athletes will not stay with parents at out of town matches. Athletes stay with the team in the designated team hotel.
4) What fees and expenses are required of the athlete?
Each athlete has an registration fee and team uniform costs.
- The registration fee covers match snacks and drinks, team t-shirt, a personalized bag tag and a hat or visor. The athlete fee is spent on the athlete.
- Each athlete is required to purchase a team uniform (2 tops and bottoms).
- Dinners at matches are not covered. Depending on the timing of the match, the team may not need to stop for dinner.
5) What are the team dinners?
The team dinners provide opportunities for the coaches and swimmers to socialize while enjoying their favorite past time: EATING. Parents sign-up to prepare dishes and help with the dinners. The dinners are hosted at a team member's home.
6) How can I view the website calendar on my phone? Swimtopia has added the ability to subscribe to our calendar page.
7) How is the tennis team different from other high school sports teams?
- Season: The season is almost a full year. It starts at the beginning of school and goes through beginning of November. Then starts again in January and goes till mid May.
Our Community Partners
Please support our sponsors! Let them know that you appreciate their sponsorship of the Vandegrift HS Tennis Booster Club.